A Secret Society for Cartoonists, Illustrators, Cartoon/Comic Strip Writers!
posted Jan 29, 2013
We begin this 300th Tacomic edition with the opening ritual of the Cartoonists League of Absurd Washingtonians (The CLAW)
[all rise...]***STATE OF THE C.L.A.W. ADDRESS OR NO.2'S PLEDGE TO THE WORLD BEGINS NIGH TRANSCRIPT***
Q: What are robots?
A: Robots are cool!
Q: ZOMBIES must DIE!
A: Shoot'em inda head!
Q: ceci n'est pas une pipe
A: ceci n'est pas une pipe
[secret sign of the pipe]
[clap twice, turn around 3 times... be seated]
My fellow adamantium talons of the CLAW, friends of CLAW across the airwaves, CLAW cadets and Citizen fanbots
! This is your new No. 2
speaking on behalf of my new capacity as 1 of 4 of the High CLAW Council of the Four Eyes... EYEBALL!
- I pledge to boost enrollment of our ranks... in particular I'd like to reach out to lady cartoonists and lady illustrators in the community. I will listen and report back suggestions for making our league more appealing to these market groups.
- I pledge to really push hard for our much delayed 501c non profit status... EYEBALL!
- I pledge to organize members to complete their member gallery about page with samples of portfolio work and basic minimum of contact information!
- I pledge to promote our CLAW college art student scholarship program at every opportunity. This is a record setting year. I hope to match in the year to come!
- I pledge forward motion on our CLAW anthology self-published book!
- I pledge honest feedback and portfolio reviews of work. Our skills must ever be sharpened... no talon left behind!
- I pledge more life drawing! tutorial nights! movie riff nights! challenges to other drawing/craft/activity groups!
- I pledge more community power team ups! We have got some awesome cartoon strips going here, lets see if we can't get them into some publications around here!
- I pledge to put the absurd back in Absurd Washingtonians... EYEBALL!
May the power of the cosmos be with you!